Microsoft’s Office 2013 has not yet hit the mass market, but that does not mean it is not too far off in the future. In fact, according to Office Vice President Kirk Koenigsbauer, he did announce the software’s official “Release to manufacturing” (RTM) status on the Office News blog, and threw in some sweeteners in the form of release date information. To put it in a nutshell, Office 2013 has already gone gold, meaning it should be more than ready to hit the market at a specified date. Business customers will be the more privileged ones, as they will be able to get first dibs on the RTM software, being allowed to download Office 2013 in addition to SharePoint 2013, Lync 2013, and Exchange 2013 thanks to Microsoft’s Volume Licensing Service Center from the middle of November onwards.
As for TechNet and MSDN subscribers, those who fall under that category ought to be able to download such software when it happens, and Office 365 Enterprise is slated to receive an update within a similar time frame. As for the ordinary man on the street, one will just need to be a wee bit more patient, as Office 2013 will only be made available to the masses sometime within Q1 2013.
- 2014-04-20: Microsoft Office Mix Lets You Sign Up For Preview
- 2014-04-20: Microsoft Patents Kinect-like Feature For Future Smartphones/Tablets
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)