[CEATEC 2012] A number of vendors have taken the opportunity of CEATEC this year to show off their up and coming products. While the predominant focus seems set on presenting different cutting-edge technologies, there are many who have unveiled products such as tablets and ultrabooks.
Among these is Panasonic who has taken the chance to showcase a new AX series Ultrabook. It is a Windows 8 Ultrabook which features an 11.6-inch display at a 1366 x 768 resolution.
A rather unique feature of this ultrabook is that it is ‘foldable.’ You can fold its keyboard all the way so that it looks more like a tablet than an ultrabook. Panasonic has plans of launching the ultrabook in Japan as three different models – one of these will pack an 1.7 GHz Intel i5 processor, another will include 1.8GHz i5 processor whereas the third will ship a 1.9GHz i7 processor.
Other features of the ultrabook include SD card reader, ethernet port, an HDMI socket, USB 3.0 ports, and mic and headphone ports. While the ultrabook remains on the bulkier side when it comes to the design, it’s specifications may put it among the top-end Windows 8 ultrabooks offered in Japan.
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2014-03-07: Panasonic P31 Launched In India, Still In The Smartphone Game
- 2013-09-30: Panasonic Toughpad UT-MB5 4k Tablet
- 2012-10-04: Murata walking measurement system integrated into ‘smart shoes’
- 2012-10-04: Muscle Suits make heavy lifting easier
- 2012-10-03: Panasonic AX Series Windows 8 Ultrabook (gallery)
- 2012-10-03: Panasonic Smart Apps aim to make life easier