The rumors have been constantly suggesting that LG would be the manufacturer of the next Google Nexus handset. Well the folks at AndroidOS.in have discovered some photos posted on Picasa which suggests that those rumors could be right on the money. As you can see in the screenshot above, the image was taken by a Google device codenamed “mako” which was revealed thanks to its EXIF data. However it should be noted that EXIF data can be faked, although we’re not sure who would go to so much trouble to do so.
What makes this more interesting is that the photos were also apparently taken by LG Korea employees – at least that’s what’s been suggested although it has yet to be confirmed. The EXIF data has also revealed that the image taken has a resolution of 3265×2448, suggesting an 8MP camera. This seems to be in line with earlier rumors that suggested that LG’s Optimus Nexus handset could feature a camera of that size. Either way we’ll take this with a grain of salt for now, but considering that it’s about that time of the year when Google announces their next Nexus device, it wouldn’t be a stretch of the imagination to think that these leaks might have a shred of truth to them.
- LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- Ellen Degeneres' Oscar Selfie Might Not Have Been Impromptu After All
- Cross-Platform BBM Could Be Getting Ads Soon, According To Android Beta
- BlackBerry Z30 Apps Will Automatically Be Available For The BlackBerry Z3
- Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms