The rumors have been constantly suggesting that LG would be the manufacturer of the next Google Nexus handset. Well the folks at AndroidOS.in have discovered some photos posted on Picasa which suggests that those rumors could be right on the money. As you can see in the screenshot above, the image was taken by a Google device codenamed “mako” which was revealed thanks to its EXIF data. However it should be noted that EXIF data can be faked, although we’re not sure who would go to so much trouble to do so.
What makes this more interesting is that the photos were also apparently taken by LG Korea employees – at least that’s what’s been suggested although it has yet to be confirmed. The EXIF data has also revealed that the image taken has a resolution of 3265×2448, suggesting an 8MP camera. This seems to be in line with earlier rumors that suggested that LG’s Optimus Nexus handset could feature a camera of that size. Either way we’ll take this with a grain of salt for now, but considering that it’s about that time of the year when Google announces their next Nexus device, it wouldn’t be a stretch of the imagination to think that these leaks might have a shred of truth to them.
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-03-25: LG Optimus Zone 2 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-03-14: Alleged LG G3 Screenshot "Confirms" 2560x1440 Display
- 2014-02-14: LG G Pad 8.3 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-01-29: Alleged LG G Pro 2 Photos Leaked