PlayStation Mobile (PSM) which was launched earlier this morning proved to be a different direction for Sony’s mobile gaming strategy. Things were not too clear in the past, where we figured out that once you purchased content on PSM, you are then able to translate that purchase into downloads of the similar content onto any other PS Certified device using your Sony Entertainment Network (PlayStation Network) ID. Unfortunately, things do not work out that way in real life, as it seems that you are only able to download it on up to a trio of different devices. A closer look at the fine print found in the license information for each app (who reads those anyways?) says, “One time fee for use of downloads on up to 3 activated PlayStation Mobile compatible devices.”
This is not too clear in plain English, but one would naturally come to a conclusion that it translates to being able to download the content on just three concurrent PlayStation Certified devices. Of course, you can always opt to deactivate your device in the Settings menu prior to moving on to a new one, which would then allow you to download purchased content on the new device.
Next Story: Panasonic shows off foldable Windows 8 Ultrabook
- 2014-02-17: PS Plus TV Spot Introduced
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2014-01-08: DualShock 3 A Requirement For PlayStation Now Gameplay On Smartphones And Tablets