The other day we reported that Razer had launched a campaign on Facebook in which Project Fiona would be made a reality if they managed to garner 10,000 Likes/Shares. The good news is that it looks like Project Fiona has been given the greenlight and it seems that Razer is keeping true to their motto of, “For Gamers, By Gamers”, by actively involving their fans in the process of creating Project Fiona.
On Razer’s CEO’s Facebook page, Min-Liang Tan posed a question to their customers and asked them to choose between four different CPU/GPU configurations. Depending on which option gamers go for, this could ultimately affect the final price of the unit. For example if the majority of gamers went with an ARM processor, it could see Project Fiona priced around the same level as a high-end tablet, while going for an Intel Core i7 CPU with a high-end discrete GPU would not only add to the thickness and weight, but could cost quite a bit too, but should be allow gamers to play PC games on high settings.
Razer will collecting the votes and then make a decision based around that, so if you’d like your opinion to be heard, head on over to its Facebook page to cast your vote. Razer is also expected to release more questions regarding Project Fiona in the next few days, so check back with us then for more updates!
- 2014-03-24: Razer Struggling To Get OEMs Onboard With Project Christine
- 2014-03-18: Afrojack Delivers New Music App For Razer Blade Pro
- 2014-03-12: RAZER Blade Laptop Gets QHD Touch Display, New GPU
- 2014-03-06: Razer Unveils Green & Orange Mechanical Keyboard Switches
- 2014-02-25: Razer Blade Laptops Come In Limited Edition Koenigsegg Model
- 2013-02-26: Razer Edge Available For Pre-Order Starting March 1
- 2013-01-08: Razer Edge Gaming Tablet Gets Launched
- 2012-12-11: Razer’s Project Fiona Crowdsourced Specifications Announced
- 2012-10-16: Razer wants you to decide on Project Fiona's price point
- 2012-01-10: RAZER Project Fiona Demo