RIM’s Playbook tablet has been around for quite a while now and so far, apart from the inclusion of 4G, there hasn’t really been a true successor to the tablet. No word on when we could see said successor but it seems that the wait might not be too long. There have been several reports where major US online retailers have pulled RIM’s Playbook from their stock. Some online retailers such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy and RadioShack no longer list the device, although oddly enough RIM’s official website still has the tablet on sale.
According to an analyst, the pulling of the tablet could suggest that a successor to the Playbook could be nearing. This isn’t too surprising considering that many companies start to run low on stock, stop selling the device or start offering huge discounts on existing stock when they know that a new model is on its way. RIM declined to comment on the speculation, so perhaps there might be some truth to this after all. The 4G LTE version of the Playbook is only available in Canada at the moment so perhaps it will finally be making its way stateside. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled so if you’re interested in a 4G LTE capable Playbook, check back with us at a later date for more updates.
- 2013-07-11 Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04 BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 Announced
- 2012-11-04 BlackBerry PlayBook 3G+ finally hits the UK
- 2012-10-03 BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 released
- 2012-08-02 RIM 4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook tablet announced
- 2012-07-27 RIM prepares PlayBook OS 2.1 update
- 2012-07-04 BlackBerry PlayBook 4G seem ready for a release