The Sifteo Cubes were first put up for pre-order in August last year, and by the time it hit the end of August this year, it seems that a next generation of Sifteo Cubes is in tow. Well, good news for fans of these intelligent cubes – if you are a budding or seasoned developer, you will be able to wrap your hands around a powerful new SDK (Software Development Kit) ahead of the next-gen platform launch, so that you are able to work on designing and building games for the interactive, tactile play of Sifteo Cubes when the next-generation arrives.
Just in case you are still scratching your head and wondering what Sifteo Cubes are all about, they are basically motion-aware, 1.7” blocks that come with full-color LCDs, communicating with one another wirelessly while responding to each other’s proximity and players’ gestures during game play. This new SDK was specially designed with a focus on productivity, hoping that developers can come up with tactile, intelligent play experiences.
- 2013-03-17: Pebble Watch SDK Arriving In April 2013
- 2013-03-06: Kinect Will Soon Replace Your Mouse With Your Hands
- 2013-02-22: Google Supplies iOS Developers With Updated Maps SDK
- 2013-02-13: Apple Television SDK in May 2013? [Analyst]
- 2013-01-23: Windows Phone 7.8 SDK Update Now Available