Yes, we do know and are full well aware that the Belle FP2 operating system might be more or less the last one for folks who have devices which run on the Symbian platform, and having said that, there are also other devices out there which still have Symbian as its operating system of choice, and some of these folks do use apps like Skype, you know. We are glad to announce that Skype 2.1.23 update for Belle FP2 has been introduced via the Nokia Store, and one ought to take note before downloading and installation that this is purely a voice and chat application only.
It will not be possible to run video calls through the app, although one is still able to carry out the exchange of pictures, videos and other files. Other than that, Skype 2.1.23 update for Belle FP2 will also feature Skype-to-Skype calling support over a Wi-Fi connection, or over a cellular data connection. This does seem to be the last and final update for the Skype app, so let us have a moment of silence as well.
- 2014-04-14: Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02: Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2014-04-01: Skype Could Feature New Chat UI For Windows Desktop