Earlier this morning, we brought you word from Bethesda’s Pete Hines himself via Twitter that the gaming house is still hard at work to introduce DLC (Downloadable Content) such as Skyrim and Hearthfire for the PS3, especially when the PS3’s rival platform, the Xbox 360, has already received its latest Hearthfire DLC without any hassles, while Dawnguard has already arrived on the Xbox 360 and PC platforms since summer.
Hines tweeted, “We’re still on it. Will share update when I have one.” When pressed further on the reason behind Dawnguard’s seeming impotency on the PS3 platform, Hines continued, “The performance isn’t good enough in all cases. For most folks, it’d be fine. For some, it wouldn’t be. We’ve never blamed anyone or anything. It’s our problem, and it’s on us to solve it.”
Spoken like a true leader, he now needs to make sure that his creative team of programmers and developers will be able to find a way to get Dawnguard up and running on the PS3 without any hiccups.
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-01-14: Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD Launches On The Sony PS3
- 2013-12-29: PS4 Gets VidZone Free Music Video Streaming App
- 2013-04-25: Skyrim Legendary Edition Coming June 4 To PC, Xbox 360, PS3
- 2012-09-10: Sony and Bethesda scramble to get PS3 Dawnguard DLC working