In a city swarming with traffic, it is often a lot wiser to rely on bicycles to carry you to your destination quickly. However, at the same time, it may not be all that feasible to have a bike in a metropolis, given the fact that it is extremely easy for someone to steal away your bike, despite all those fancy locks.
Social Bicycles has set its bicycles with built-in GPS which, it has been recently announced, will be making use of AT&T’s wireless network. The wireless connectivity will ensure that the bike doesn’t get stolen somewhere in the city and that its location is known at all times.
The concept of Social Bicycles is really cool and may prove very handy for many commuters. While staying fit is an obvious upside, you’ll be able to rent bicycles using a smartphone app. Once you reach your destination on your rented bicycle and wish to return it to the company, you can simply locate a Social Bicycles rack, again with the help of the app and return the bike there.
The app also comes with a number of other features such as calculating how many calories you have burned depending upon the distance you covered as well as the number of dollars you saved by choosing the bicycle as your mode of commute.
- 2014-03-28: There’s No Stopping This Juggernaut Trike
- 2014-02-04: RYNO Cycle Could Make Unicycles Cool Again
- 2013-12-03: Copenhagen Wheel Assists Cyclists Through Its Rechargeable Battery
- 2013-10-15: Desperado E-bike Sports Two Motors And Top Speed Of 80km/h
- 2013-06-24: Citi Bike Smart Helmet Helps Guide Riders To Nearest Docking Station