If you happen to be a proud owner of a Sony αNEX -7 digital camera, then you might be smiling from ear to ear upon hearing this bit of news – there is a new firmware update released for the device, in addition to firmware updates for E-mount lenses as well as select Sony Alpha cameras. The αNEX-7 Firmware v1.01 will let you disable the Movie Record button which is pretty handy since you will no longer start movie recording by accident, in addition to the expansion of EV Bracketing to include 3 frame 1EV, 2EV and 3EV increments. Not only that, auto playback responsiveness has been improved alongside image quality when you take advantage of a wide angle lens. Last but not least, the firmware update will also improveme the indication when setting “Flexible Spot” AF mode.
As for the E-mount lens firmware v.2, it will apply to the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Standard Zoom Lens ( SEL1855), the 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 Telephoto Lens (SEL55210), the 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Telephoto Lens (SEL18200) and the 24mm f/1.8 Wide-Angle Prime Lens (SEL24F18Z), letting one enable Hybrid AF function with NEX-5R and NEX-6. Bear in mind that the E-mount lens firmware v2 is for the lens and not the camera, so you can only perform the firmware upgrade when the lenses are hooked up attached to Hybrid AF capable cameras (αNEX-5R/αNEX-6). [Firmware Page]
- 2014-04-24 Mark Zuckerberg Tried Out Sony's Project Morpheus Before Acquiring Oculus VR
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2013-11-20 PS4 Firmware Update 1.51 Now Available
- 2013-06-06 Sony Xperia Z Gets New Firmware Version
- 2013-04-01 Sony Xperia Z Gets New Firmware Update
- 2012-06-04 Sony Xperia S receives new firmware update
- 2011-08-10 PlayStation 3 3.7 firmware coming soon