It does seem as though the Sony PS3 is ready for yet another system software update, where applying it will bump up the software version to v4.31 on your PS3. Right now, it does seem as though the purpose of the update remains a mystery, making it instead an optional one, so even if you prefer to remain stuck on v4.30, that is entirely all right.
The new Sony PS3 v4.31 update has already gone live, and it does not seem to ring in long awaited bells and whistles. In fact, a post on the PS3 community forums read, “I’m posting this message to inform you that there will be a minor firmware update (v.4.31) released on the evening of Monday, October 29th. There will not be PlayStation Network maintenance during this time; online play and access to apps will not be affected during the release of this update. This is not a mandatory update. However, we suggest you keep your systems updated with the latest firmware, as these updates further improve overall system stability and help provide you with the best online entertainment experience possible.”
Has anyone updated to v4.31, and how do you find it? I guess having your PS3 run in a more stable and improved manner is always a good thing, and as long as no new problems are introduced with an update installation, I am all for it.
Next Story: Evil Back Play DIY kit for Xbox 360 controller
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-01-14: Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD Launches On The Sony PS3
- 2013-12-29: PS4 Gets VidZone Free Music Video Streaming App
- 2013-12-26: Sony To End Online Support For Some Of Their First-Party PS3 Titles
- 2013-12-16: Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17