Here’s a great use of time-lapse photography to show a side of aviation that is rarely seen. This is a procession of jumbo jets (B747, A340, B777) flying into Heathrow airport in London. Since it’s a time-lapse video, it’s sped up 17x faster than normal, and as a result you see the jets jumping in a way that doesn’t inspire confidence (although flying is actually very safe). Also, the moving clouds in the background give you a sensation of a constantly moving camera. It’s hypnotic, and I never before realized to what extent that planes line up to land. The whole video is courtesy of Cargospotter, and you can check out a GIF version after the jump.RELATED
- Mystery Google Barges On A 'Hiatus'
- Google Open Gallery Paves The Way For Online Exhibitions
- LG Reveals Men Can’t Multitask Video
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Follow: airline,
- Seen at: thisiscolossal