If you’re at work on this Friday afternoon and you want to do anything but, click on over to the Inventika Solutions website. They’ve got a nifty HTML5 site that plays songs with an identical interface to the first-ever iPod. It doesn’t have too many songs, but then again, the first iPod only had 5GB of storage.Playing around with the iPod in a browser reminds you of how wild the gadget world was back in 2001. As a device, many attribute Apple’s rise from 90′s afterthought to aughts giant back to this single gadget. Apple’s button-free mentality hadn’t completely set in yet, and the iPod featured not only a click wheel, but separate buttons for “menu,” back, foward, and play/pause. The simplicity that you see running through the iPhone is still there: the opening screen only features five options! It even mostly works through the iPhone browser.
To see how the design wizards at Inventika Solutions made the CSS/HTML5 iPod, read the post here.
- 2014-01-28: Apple Q1 2014 Earnings Announced
- 2014-01-27: iPod Sales Are On The Decline
- 2013-12-29: Man Buys iPod From Target And Gets Box Stuffed With Erasers, Twice
- 2013-10-14: Full Screen Mario Is A HTML5 Remake Of Super Mario Bros.
- 2013-09-11: How To Install iOS 7 Onto Your iPhone, iPad, iPod Right Now
- 2013-09-11: Apple Updates iPod Line With iPhone 5S' Space Grey Color Option