TopThat is part of a category of applications that I like to label “ego-driven apps”, and for example, Foursquare is one of them. TopThat was launched in public beta back in August 2012 and today, it is making its official public debut.
The underlying concept is very simple: TopThat allows members to compete and judge 1-on-1 or group-based competitions.
Using photos and videos to capture their performances, users can create their own competition and try to out-do others on various challenges. Additionally, TopThat members can judge and comment on competitions and by Q1 2013, they will be able accumulate points to access a higher social rank that will allow them to monetize their challenges.
Last but not least, the website integrates with top social networks including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ so people can promote their TopThat profile, competitions and entries.
- 2013-09-05 Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-05-28 The Global WebRTC Ecosystem Event Makes its Inaugural Debut in Atlanta, June 25-27, 2013
- 2012-05-08 DeviantART online drawing app muro to feature Redraw
- 2012-05-03 Facebook IPO: Price Range Set Between $28 and $35 Per Share
- 2012-01-30 President Obama on YouTube today at 2.30 pm PT to answer questions