Sometimes, we do wonder whether leaks of information by a vendor is done deliberately, or by accident, but the end game is more or less the same – attention is drawn to said leaked device(s). Well, Walmart has just leaked out pricing details on upcoming smartphones from T-Mobile, where we are looking at the Windows Phone 8X and the Nokia Lumia 810. Of course, one needs to bear in mind that carrier prices could very well vary from retailer to retailer, since it is up to the likes of Walmart to charge what they want – it is just the amount of profit margin that differs.
Recently, Sprint did reveal that they will be selling the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for nearly $300 a pop, and it does seem that Walmart’s leak points toward a similar price point for T-Mobile’s Galaxy Note 2. In terms of Windows Phone-powered handsets, your wallet would appreciate the pricing details more as HTC’s Windows Phone 8X should cost $150 with a contract, while the Nokia Lumia 810 would hover around the $100 mark.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2012-01-18: T-Mobile and Walmart announce Family Mobile plan
- 2011-10-04: Walmart and T-Mobile introduce data-centric prepaid plan
- 2011-06-11: Walmart selling the HTC Sensation 4G early
- 2010-05-30: Walmart Drops The Price Of The myTouch 3G Slide
- 2010-09-13: Walmart Family Mobile network enters phone plan fray