Granted the internet is filled with articles and tutorials on how to flash custom ROMs onto your Android phone, how to root it, how to unlock its bootloader, how to create apps and etc., unfortunately this information is scattered which means that you might have to wade through many websites before stumbling across a method or tutorial that makes sense to you and is applicable to your situation. If you’ve ever hacked your Android device before, then website XDA Developers and their forums is probably one that is known to you. Well the good news is that the folks at XDA Developers have decided that all this information should be centralized and have since launched a website called XDA-University.
As the name implies, this website will be a place where Android users can visit if they want to learn things like developing for their phones, rooting, flashing, etc. As expected the information will be crowd sourced, so in a way you could think of it like the Wikipedia for Android. It seems that there will even be a book available (downloadable as PDF) which will delve into the nitty gritty of Android development. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, pop on over to the XDA-University website and leave your email where you will be notified once the website goes live.
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year