The Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9” is now ready to ship to the masses, and it is the large screen version of the best-selling HD tablet from Amazon, where it retails for $299 a pop. It will be made available at Best Buy from tomorrow onward, in addition to other retailers such as Staples and Radio Shack, while the Kindle Fire HD 8.9” 4G will ship from next week onward.
Dave Limp, Vice President, Amazon Kindle, said, “Kindle Fire HD has been Amazon’s best-selling product worldwide since launch, and that was before we even started shipping the best tablet we’ve ever built. With the holiday season upon us, we’re excited to make our $299 Kindle Fire HD 8.9” available early—we think customers are going to love web browsing, email, gaming, watching TV shows, reading magazines, and more on the large, stunning HD screen, with fast Wi-Fi and exceptional audio.”
We’re talking about the high end Kindle Fire here, sporting a vibrant 8.9”, 1920×1200 resolution display at 254 ppi, a dual antenna, dual-band Wi-Fi with MIMO technology that delivers faster streaming and downloads, a TI OMAP 4470 processor and Imagination SGX544 graphics engine, dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio, and up to 10 hours of battery life. Any takers? [Press Release]
Next Story: CyanogenMod Domain Name Changed After Ransom
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-07: Amazon Fire TV Handles Android Mirroring Nicely
- 2013-10-09: Amazon Intends To Sell 2 Million Kindle Fire HDs Before November 2013 Is Over
- 2013-09-24: Amazon Unveils New Kindle Fire HD
- 2013-09-11: Next-Gen Amazon Kindle Fire HD Leaked Photos Hit The Internet
- 2013-08-12: Amazon Kindle Fire HD Sees $40 Price Cut, Successor Imminent?
- 2013-07-30: Next Generation Kindle Fire HD Tablets Specs Rumored