If you have picked up either the Motorola Droid RAZR HD or its larger battery sibling, the Droid RAZR MAXXX HD, you might be interested to learn that both of these devices will be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The official update is scheduled to be released by the end of the year, but in the meantime it looks like a leaked Jelly Bean for either device has been leaked. This firmware leak has been labeled as 9.1.39Xt926.verizon.en.us and it is thanks to DirtyDroidX from DroidRzr. This leak should work on both the RAZR HD and the RAZR MAXX HD as both devices are pretty much the same, save for the latter with its larger battery capacity.
We’re not sure if this is the final build that will be officially released by Verizon and Motorola, but for now it looks like it’s an official build, but as to whether it is the final build remains to be seen. In any case if you’d rather not wait for Verizon/Motorola to start pushing out the official update, you can go ahead and download the leaked build and flash it onto your device yourself (instructions can be found in the source link below). If you’re unfamiliar with flashing then perhaps you might want to give this a pass, especially since bad things could happen to your phone if you were to mess up along the way.
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2013-12-15: Moto G For Verizon Leaked Without Carrier's Branding
- 2013-07-23: Moto X Camera UI Leaked
- 2013-07-23: Motorola Droid Ultra Limited Edition Leaked
- 2013-07-20: Moto X Press Rendering Leaked Ahead Of Its Debut
- 2012-04-16: Motorola Droid RAZR HD named tipped in EXIF data