At the BlackBerry Jam Asia event, there was one milestone that was announced which should show that the BlackBerry team has a bit of fire left in their belly, and the bit of news is this – BlackBerry Messenger is the top messaging tool, at least in the region of Asia. The statistics prove to be quite the accomplishment, where there are more than 60 million active BBM customers, alongside 28 million using groups, and billions of BBM messages being sent each across the virtual wires every single day. I believe that BlackBerry being extremely popular in Indonesia, the fourth most populous country in the world, certainly has something to do with helping prop up BlackBerry Messenger’s position in this particular region. Are you part of the group that is clearly backing the BlackBerry cause, and will be waiting with bated breath to see just what BlackBerry 10 is able to offer?
Next Story: HTC HD2 Gets Windows Phone 8 Port
- 2014-04-21: BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2011-10-06: More BlackBerry Messenger for Android screenshots leaked
- 2011-03-07: Kik Messenger updated with group messaging and picture sharing
- 2011-03-03: BlackBerry Messenger to appear on other platforms?