I am not quite sure whether it is smart or foolish to place your money on the BlackBerry PlayBook, but if you so happen to reside in the UK and have long looked forward to the BlackBerry PlayBook 3G+ availability in that part of the world, here is news for you. Coming in just one SKU, the BlackBerry PlayBook 3G+ will feature 32GB of internal memory, and the inclusion of 3G connectivity is definitely more than welcome. It does seem to be one step behind the growing tentacles of the recently launched and faster national 4G network, but since most places already have 3G coverage, it ought to suffice for the average road warrior. Mobile power users might want to look elsewhere, but bear in mind that the BlackBerry PlayBook 3G+, while retaining its 7-inch, 1024 x 600 display, comes with a speedier dual-core 1.5GHz processor alongside 1GB RAM. There is also a 3-megapixel front-facing camera, while the back camera shoots 5-megapixel images, delivering video chat and HD video recording capabilities at the same time.
RIM has slapped a £420 (roughly converted to $690) price tag on the BlackBerry PlayBook 3G+, which does sound rather on the high side – especially when you take into consideration the kind of competition it is placed in, such as the 32GB iPad mini that has a data plan being approximately £30 ($50) more affordable. Will it sell? We don’t think so, but who knows, stranger things have happened.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 920 price at $149.99?
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2012-10-03: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 released
- 2012-08-02: RIM 4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook tablet announced
- 2012-07-04: BlackBerry PlayBook 4G seem ready for a release
- 2012-05-31: RIM launches BlackBerry PlayBook 2.1.0 beta for developers
- 2012-05-03: RIM confirms plans for LTE BlackBerry Playbook