Dijit NextGuide, the “hyper-personalized” TV guide for the iPad , was launched a couple of months ago and today the company rolled out a few new features to improve the user experience.
According to the compnay, The guide works with traditional digital TV providers like Direct TV (including DVR interaction), but also with online video services like Netflix, and most recently with Amazon Instant Video and Prime Instant video. It basically unifies the web and TV content in one nicely designed iPad app, and adds a social layer to the traditional guide. It can track what your friends like and propose entertainment accordingly.
Users will now be able to bookmark any show or movie, and know instantly when Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, iTunes, and Netflix add new TV shows and movies to their catalogs. On the social side, Dijit added the ability to see when your friends (or anybody) watch or favorite shows and support for email, Facebook, searching by name for the FindFriend feature.
The category & interest preferences interface has been improved with the addition of a simple tap and drag UI. Finally it is now possible to search a show or a movie by director.
- 2014-01-16 Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09 iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17 Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11 Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08 Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2011-12-27 Facebook iPad app to support Timeline next year
- 2011-12-02 Tetris for iOS re-released
- 2011-11-02 Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-11-02 Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)
- 2011-10-20 BBC iPlayer app receives AirPlay support