It seems that not all is rosy with Gmail and Windows Phone 8 at the moment, where there are reports of synchronization issues being bandied around, where this potent combination of Gmail and Windows Phone 8 tend to end up with the email client crashing. It does not matter if you are rocking to a HTC or Nokia device that runs on Windows Phone 8 – the same bug will affect smartphones from either stable.
The problem rears its ugly head in the People Hub as well as the related linked contacts from Gmail in addition to the email application itself. Where both cases are concerned, the affected devices remain stuck in a constant state of synchronization, where even being patient as Job would not see it through. The email application might continue the synchronization process, but the app itself closes, resulting in a severe beating on your smartphone’s battery. No idea for the source of this bug, but perhaps the recent update could be the main problem for the constant synchronizing.
Next Story: Google Drive lets you get more stuff done
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-02: Gmail For Android Screenshots Hint At Possible New Interface
- 2014-04-01: Gmail Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary Today
- 2014-03-31: Gmail Shelfie Another April Fool’s Attempt
- 2014-03-25: Windows Phone 8.1 Could Let Developers Reply To App Reviews
- 2014-01-27: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas For Windows Phone 8 Launched At Last
- 2014-01-10: Microsoft Will Update All Windows Phone 8 Devices To The Latest Version
- 2013-12-10: Microsoft Updates Skype For Windows Phone 8
- 2013-12-10: Microsoft Launches Socl App For Windows Phone 8 Devices
- 2012-12-12: Google Has No Plans To Build Windows Phone, Windows 8 Native Apps