Google always wants to make life easier for you, and their suite of applications over the past few years have certainly grown in their own special way that makes working on the cloud a whole lot more fun and productive. Well, Google has done it yet again with their latest updates to Gmail, allowing you to search emails by size, more flexible date options, and an exact match among others. For instance, if you are on the lookout for emails that are larger than 3MB, just search for size:3m or larger:3m, and if you are searching for emails that were sent more than a year ago, type in older_than:1y and you’re good to go.
These changes were introduced alongside other more recent enhancements to search including the improved autocomplete predictions and a field trial for instant results from Gmail, Google Drive and others as you type. How has your experience been like with the latest Gmail search, and are you happy with it?
- 2014-04-02: Gmail For Android Screenshots Hint At Possible New Interface
- 2014-04-01: Gmail Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary Today
- 2014-03-31: Gmail Shelfie Another April Fool’s Attempt
- 2014-03-26: Google Denies Allegations Of Gmail Snooping To Weed Out Leaker
- 2014-03-25: Gmail Experiment Shows Promotional Emails As Ads