We’ve seen many electronic devices in the past that have been given the luxury makeover, resulting in smartphones, tablets, cameras and the likes that are decked out in diamonds, rubies, titanium and etc. Certainly not for the masses since not everyone is willing to spend a few thousand on a device that can be had for a few hundred, but we suppose there is a market out there for these sorts of things, which is why we can’t say we’re surprised that Gold and Co. has announced that they will be releasing a 24kt gold dipped iPad mini.
The golden iPad mini will be available in London, the UAE and Dubai and while the price of the gold dipped iPad mini was not revealed, a gold iPhone 5 will set you back around $5,000, so we can expect the iPad mini to go for around that price too. According to the company, they have described their gold dipped iPad mini: “All buttons and bezels are hand-polished to a mirror finish then plated in a Multi layer process topped off with 24KT gold to ensure end-to-end coverage and worry-free durability. Each limited-edition item is individually numbered to ensure exclusivity. There are no factory locks on our devices, which means they can be used anywhere in the world.” Any takers?
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18 Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16 iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued