Time Magazine recently published its Best Inventions of the Year 2012 where the rest of 2012′s most important innovations were showcased. Time picked a total of 25 innovations including Tesla’s Model S sedan, the Switchblade backpack drone, NASA’s Z-1 prototype spacesuit, the Curiosity Rover, and yes, Google’s very own Project Glass also got a well-deserved spot. “We’re honored to be included among these amazing innovations,” exclaimed the team behind Project Glass.
Time puts it best by saying, “Glass is, simply put, a computer built into the frame of a pair of glasses, and it’s the device that will make augmented reality part of our daily lives. With the half-inch (1.3 cm) display, which comes into focus when you look up and to the right, users will be able to take and share photos, video-chat, check appointments and access maps and the Web. Consumers should be able to buy Google Glass by 2014.” You can also check out the full list here. What are your thoughts on this?
- 2013-05-06: Google Glass Parodied On Saturday Night Live
- 2013-04-18: Google Will Brick Your Google Glass If Its Resold, Loaned Out
- 2013-04-16: Google Glass Specs Reveal 5MP Camera, 25-Inch Display, All-Day Battery Life
- 2013-03-27: Google Chooses 8,000 Winners To Pay $1,500 To Wear Google Glass
- 2013-03-12: Google Glass Will Support Prescription Glasses