You can more or less say that the Halo franchise is one effective cash cow not to be trifled with. In fact, Master Chief’s fourth outing, despite having to carry the weight of expectations set by Bungie Studios in the past, has proven to be successful – financially and in other ways as well. Truth of the matter is this – Halo 4 has earned more than $220 million within the first 24 hours it was put on sale, now how about that? This is far more than what many Hollywood blockbusters managed to earn, at least this is what Director of Programming, Larry Hryb, mentioned. Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios mentioned, “We’re thrilled that Halo 4 has emerged as the biggest U.S. entertainment launch of the year.”
Not only that, Halo 4 also managed to pick up more than four million players online within the first five days, which would bring the grand total of hours of people shooting at each other, jumping all over the place and basically flying into strangers to a cool 31.4 million hours. Were you part of the folks who actually contributed to Halo 4’s fantastic financial success, and were you pleased with the effort that went into the game?
Next Story: Skyrim Dawnguard DLC for PS3 on its way?
- 2013-08-27: Halo 4 Game Of The Year Edition Arrives This October
- 2013-07-08: Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC Adds New Maps, Armor, Weapons On Aug. 20
- 2013-03-11: Halo 4 Castle Map Pack Adds 3 New Maps, 6v6 Playlist On April 8
- 2013-02-18: Halo 4 Majestic Map Pack Leaked
- 2013-02-07: Conan O'Brien's Halo 4 Review Results In Cortana Lust, Controller Licking
- 2012-12-06: Halo Series Sells 50 Million Units Since 2001. New Game In Early Development
- 2012-11-01: Halo 4 will come with a two week Gold Xbox Live subscription
- 2012-07-25: Custom Xbox 360 Halo 4 special edition gets a closer look