So come 13th November, HTC and Verizon will be holding an event and while it was not explicitly stated, it is safe to assume that this will be where they will unveil the HTC DROID DNA, which appears to be the US variant of the HTC J Butterfly revealed in Japan not too long ago. While it remains to be seen if the specs are the name, we can at the very least confirm the name itself thanks to Verizon who tweeted the link to the DroidDoes website in which the DROID DNA name was spotted. If this is your first time hearing about the DROID DNA or the J Butterfly, here’s a quick refresher.
The HTC J Butterfly is HTC’s take on the phablet and features a 5” Full HD 1920×1080 display, along with a 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and an 8MP rear-facing camera with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean running the show. Many expect the DROID DNA to be the same device although there is always the chance that there will be some slight variations for the US market. In any case the details will be revealed on the 13th of November, so check back with us tomorrow for the nitty gritty!
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-02-04: HTC Droid DNA Android 4.4.2 With Sense 5.5 ROM Available
- 2013-12-08: Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-09-16: Droid DNA Getting Android 4.2 With Sense 5 Soon On Verizon
- 2013-05-15: Verizon HTC One Release Rumored
- 2013-05-09: HTC Butterfly 2 Rumored To Release In Q3, 2013