It is quite obvious that the next big thing to come from HTC to the US is most probably the HTC Droid DNA, where we have seen its alleged press rendering, alongside leaked images of it – and there were two dates bandied about concerning its release date, where the first stands at December 6th after folks perused through its FCC application that was recently approved. As for the other alternative date, it could very well be a week later on December 13th, as HTC and Verizon are due to hold an event in New York City then at 11am – post superstorms and all, of course.
Not only that, the HTC Droid DNA is also said to be the HTC DLX (pronounced as Deluxe), considering how the model number HTC 6435LVW did appear on the Global Certification Forum, in addition to debuting on Verizon’s Minimum Advertised Price listing as the “HTC DROID DNA.” This is definitely a high end smartphone by any means, where it has a Japanese counterpart called the HTC J Butterfly.
The HTC Droid DNA will most probably be the first smartphone in the US to come with a Full HD display, all 5” of it, with a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and in all probability, a 13-megapixel camera at the back, although we do not discount the possibility of an 8-megapixel shooter, either. All in all, there is nothing concrete for the HTC Droid DNA’s US debut, so we await with bated breath for more information.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-02-04: HTC Droid DNA Android 4.4.2 With Sense 5.5 ROM Available
- 2013-12-08: Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-09-16: Droid DNA Getting Android 4.2 With Sense 5 Soon On Verizon
- 2013-05-15: Verizon HTC One Release Rumored
- 2013-05-09: HTC Butterfly 2 Rumored To Release In Q3, 2013