For those who have been patiently twiddling your fingers, hoping to see Apple finally release an update to their mobile operating system known as iOS, we are glad to report that the long wait is finally over – at least for now. Apple has just introduced iOS 6.0.1 for the iPhone 5, where along with it comes the promise of being able to ride on unicorns across the rainbow, finding not only one, but many pots of gold at the end of it all as well. I jest, you will discover nothing of that sort, but rather, Apple brings along a promise of improvements and bug fixes with iOS 6.0.1.
One of the more notable fixes would be the iPhone 5′s impotence in receiving OTA (Over The Air) software updates is no more, and issues that the iPhone 5 alongside the 5th-gen iPod touch that concerns connecting to WPA encrypted WiFi networks have also been exorcised, while touted to deliver improvement in other cellular connectivity issues. Apart from that, expect the passcode lock bug to, er, bug you no more, and so has the graphical keyboard glitch make a beeline for the exit door. Do bear in mind that iPhone 5 owners are required to download an updater app prior to downloading iOS 6.0.1.
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2013-09-05: Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-06-10: WWDC 2013 Keynote Livestream Available On Apple Products
- 2013-03-05: Best Buy Accidentally Promotes Jailbreaking In Deal Of The Day Promo
- 2013-02-14: Android And iOS Capture 91.1% Global Market Share
- 2013-02-06: Apple Requires Engineers To Fix iOS Maps