Folks who picked up the iPhone 5 should know that with this latest smartphone from Cupertino, there would be plenty more money flowing out from your pockets as you start to look out for new accessories that will take advantage of the Lightning connector on your iPhone 5. Well, audio specialist JBL does not want you to wait too long, having just announced the first wave of Lightning-enabled speaker docks which are said to be compatible with the latest iOS devices such as the iPhone 5 , iPad mini, the refreshed new iPad , and the latest iPod nano and iPod touch. The JBL OnBeat Venue LT will come across as a tabletop speaker dock, while the compact and affordable OnBeat Micro is the other offering.
The OnBeat Venue LT will retail for $200 a pop, where it delivers 30 watts of amplification and dual full-range drivers for “big sound”. It is a Lightning-friendly version of JBL’s current Venue speaker dock when you think about it, sporting Bluetooth connectivity, the ability to be paired with up to eight devices for wireless audio streaming.
As for the $100 Micro, it is more of an on-the-go device that operates up to 5 hours on a full battery charge, boasting a USB port that will also juice up other devices whenever you are not within vicinity of a power outlet.RELATED
- Spotify Offers Free Ad-Supported Listening On Your Mobile Device Starting Today
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- Follow: jbl, lightning connector,
- Seen at: pcmag