Being hospitalized is no fun for anyone, and it can be an emotionally as well as financially draining time for the family involved. Well, in order to up the fun factor while reducing all the stress and glum looks at hospitals, a children’s clinic in Miami that specializes in treating children with cancer and blood disorders intends to spice things up with the help of Microsoft Kinect that has the intention of putting patients at ease during the treatment process.
Of course, the Microsoft Kinect is not the only piece in the puzzle, as there will be many other kinds of technology that are being implemented and used to help reinforce patients’ mind-body connection via engaging play and entertainment. The use of technology will also generally function as a method of reducing patients’ fear of technology as well as the kind of treatments they undergo. Perhaps the Wii U has a role to play in this segment as well in the future, and if hospitals and clinics are on a tight budget, the current Wii might suffice?
- 2014-04-02: New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27: Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2013-12-31: 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27: NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots
- 2013-12-19: Microsoft Assigns Wearable Windows Devices To A 'Father Of Kinect'
- 2013-11-26: Xbox One's Kinect Voice And Gesture Cheat Sheet Released