While Windows Phone 8 has been officially released and Windows Phone 8 devices are already on sale, it seems that a medium update could be headed Windows Phone 8 owners in the future. Pictured above appears to be a photo of a Nokia Lumia device with a Windows Phone 8 build 10141, which is most definitely several steps ahead of the current version sitting at build 9903. Some have speculated that this update could address several features on Windows Phone 8 that Microsoft reportedly felt a bit rushed in order to meet its deadline, while some have indicated that maybe this build could have been targeted at the Chinese market.
However as WPCentral has noted, if this was indeed an update for the Chinese market, the disparity between the build versions would not be as big. In any case with WP8 being the latest release from Microsoft so far, we doubt we will be seeing major updates (i.e. Mango to Tango) any time soon. Like we reported a couple of days ago, it was revealed that a fix for the WiFi bug is incoming so perhaps it could be included in this version. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled, so check back with us later for more details!
- 2014-04-23 Kyocera Brigadier Press Rendering For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-04-23 Red HTC One M8 For Verizon Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16 LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-02 Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-03-26 Nokia Lumia 630 Spotted In China
- 2012-10-29 Mysterious Windows Phone device spotted in the wild, speculated to be another Huawei device
- 2012-10-16 Photos of Huawei's W1 Windows Phone 8 handset leaked
- 2012-08-15 Samsung SGH-T899 could be T-Mobile's first Windows Phone 8 device