There is this particular South Korea publication that does leak news concerning smartphones, phablets and tablets from homeboys Samsung and LG, and this time around, the plan involves the LG Optimus G2 which is said to have been ramped up in terms of its release date, which would most probably see it roll out to the masses at the same time as that of the Samsung Galaxy S4 – which is approximately half a year from now. I guess LG has seen the benefits of first mover advantage, and they do not want to miss out on the boat this time around.
Assuming this rumor is true to the bone, then we ought to see the LG Optimus G2 released to the mass markets in May 2013, and you can more or less expect specifications that befit a high end Android-powered device such as a 5” Full HD LCD display at 440ppi pixel density from LG Display itself, alongside a purported 2GHz quad-core Snapdragon Prime processor with a rather frugal 3rd generation LTE radio inside. How about the camera, will it best the 13-megapixel module that sees action in the current Optimus G flagship device? Perhaps, and hopefully, Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie would be the operating system of choice. What do you think?
Next Story: iPad Tops Black Friday Tablet Sales
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2013-06-25: Additional LG Optimus G2 Images Leaked
- 2013-06-23: LG Optimus G2 Screenshots Leaked
- 2013-05-13: Additional LG Optimus G2 Photos Leaked
- 2013-05-02: LG Optimus G2 Spotted At Bluetooth SIG
- 2013-01-16: LG Optimus G2 Rumored For Fall Release With Android 5.0