Logitech has announced that the Logitech Alert Commander application for Mac is now available to the public. As its name indicate Alert Commander is the “brains” of the surveillance setup and can turn a computer into a surveillance center capable of tracking many Logitech security cameras. This functionality was previously available only to Windows computers. The new app is compatible with all Logitech alert hardware and is a free program in the Mac App Store.
If you are not familiar with it, Alert Commander can display several real-time video streams, but also play back previously recorded videos. It supports a “pop-out” mode, in which a single window can be separated from the main app if you need to work with multiple windows. Motion Zones can be defined so that you get an alert only when something moves in that area. Alerts can also be sent via email or SMS. For those who have fancy cameras with Zoom, Pan and Tilt, Alert Commander has all those controls built-in. Watch the official Logitech video in the full post.
Next Story: TED Talks reaches 1 billion views
- 2014-04-22 Logitech Big Bang Thin And Light Case For Your iPad
- 2014-04-22 New Logitech Ultrathin For iPads Announced
- 2014-04-09 Logitech K830 Keyboard With Illuminated Keys Announced
- 2014-03-26 More Workplaces Starting To Use Mac Computers [Survey]
- 2014-03-24 Google Now Lands On Chrome For Windows And Mac
- 2014-03-17 OneNote App For Mac From Microsoft
- 2014-03-13 Titanfall For Mac Is A Possibility, Respawn Discussing It With Aspyr
- 2014-02-21 Mac Users More Likely To Run Latest OS Compared To Windows Users [Study]
- 2011-01-04 Logitech HD Pro webcam C910 now offers Mac support
- 2010-10-31 Logitech Unveils Its K750 Wireless Solar-powered Keyboard