Mac OS X Mountain Lion users get access to the Messages app, which is essentially iMessage for Mac. OS X Lion users have the app too albeit in a beta form and the only way to get the full version would be to upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion. For some the Messages app could be compelling enough to make the upgrade, but for others maybe not, perhaps due to the features not being exciting enough or their hardware is unable to support it. Either way Apple has announced that come December 14th, Messages beta for OS X Lion will be coming to an end. This was revealed in an email that Apple has sent out to Messages beta users, indicating that they should upgrade to Mountain Lion if they wish to continue using the program.
Messages was initially launched on Lion as a means of testing the software out while Mountain Lion was still in the works. Naturally this beta would come to an end sooner or later and we guess the 14th of December is the cut-off date. So, anyone planning shelling out $19.99 for the upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion?
Next Story: New icons for Blackberry 10 confirmed
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2012-11-19: Messages beta client for OS X Lion to expire on 14th December
- 2012-06-12: Messages beta gets taken down ahead of OS X Mountain Lion's launch next month
- 2012-02-17: Messages to be exclusive to OS X Mountain Lion
- 2011-03-29: BabbleOn brings voice messages to Facebook
- 2011-03-09: Google helps you to automatically sort your email with Smart Labels