Earlier today we reported that according to several user reports, it seems that there are some Windows Phone 8 users who are experiencing random reboots on their phones which no doubt is an extremely annoying experience. While there does not seem to be a solution to the problem yet, the good news is that according to the folks at ZDNet, Microsoft has since released a statement in which they state that they are currently investigating reports of the situation. This problem does not appear to be limited to a manufacturer as reports have indicated that both the HTC 8X and Nokia Lumia 920 have been affected, although on the flipside there are some who have been using their devices for a while but have yet to experience any of these reboots.
In any case it is unclear as to how long it would take for Microsoft to find out what the problem is, let alone issue an update that will address it. We will keep an eye out for more updates regarding this matter, but if you have come up with a workaround or if you think you know what the problem is, let us know in the comments below!
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]