It goes without saying that companies do need to have flagship mascots to fly their flag, be it smartphones, tablets or vehicles. For Sony Mobile, they seem to have done pretty well for themselves when it comes to the smartphone business after breaking up from Sony Ericsson, and according to one Sony executive, the company is working on a new flagship smartphone which could most probably be revealed at next year’s CES in Las Vegas, or perhaps at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. According to Sony Mobile Sales and Marketing CVP Dennis van Schie, he informed Germany’s Financial Times that Sony is working on a new flagship model that intends to compete with the iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3.
The Galaxy S3, by January or February next year, would already be half a year plus old, and it is rather disappointing to see Sony Mobile play catch up here. Perhaps there will be new features introduced in the upcoming Sony flagship that will truly blow our minds and eyes away? One can only hope, and patience is the name of the game here.
Next Story: Google Maps For iOS 6 Coming Soon?
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2013-01-08: Sony Xperia Z Hands-on Review
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2011-06-27: Xperia Play Review
- 2011-03-31: PlayStation Games for Xperia Play Show Up in Android Market