The penultimate issue of Xbox World magazine is said to shed additional light on the upcoming next generation Xbox video game console, where among the purported specifications of the new Xbox would include Kinect 2.0 as well as Blu-ray disc support. Xbox World’s editor claimed that the next-generation Xbox will, in all probability, be referred to as just “Xbox” instead of what many have come to call as the “Xbox 720″, and it will be equipped with 8GB RAM and a quad-core processor right out of the box.
Additional details about the new console apart from the aforementioned Kinect 2.0 and Blu-ray disc support include directional audio, a TV output and input, an “innovative” controller, as well as the possibility of augmented reality (AR) glasses which will come into action sometime down the road in the new console’s life. So far, Microsoft has yet to come up with an official statement or confirmation that they are hard at work on a new console, but rumors of a next generation Xbox have been circulating for quite some time already. Are you looking forward to the next generation of video game consoles, and do you think Sony’s offering will be able to put up quite the fight when the time comes?
Next Story: Newest DivX Plus Software Is Now Available
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live