Nikon has been in the camera business for what seemed to be forever, and here we are with some news if you are a Nikon fan – it seems that the total production number of Nikkor lenses for Nikon interchangeable lens cameras has arrived at the magical seventy-five million mark at the beginning of November 2012, and this is definitely an achievement worth writing home about. At the end of May this year, the total production of Nikkor lenses for Nikon SLR cameras touched the seventy million mark, so it took just another six months to hit another 5 million lenses.
It must be said that this figure was achieved due to the fact that Nikkor lenses are extremely popular with a wide range of users, never mind that the spectrum includes beginners all the way to professional photographers. It has certainly been quite a ride, considering how the first Nikkor lens released for Nikon SLR cameras, the NIKKOR-S Auto 5cm f/2, happened in 1959. Here is to the next 75 million – and beyond!
Next Story: Chevrolet Volt Battery Pack To Power Homes?
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2014-03-14: Nikon 1 V3 Official Sample Photos Released