Instagram has this uncanny ability to take regular looking photos and turn them into more interesting pieces – it’s either that or it’s the hipster in me that’s talking. In any case that’s not to say that great photos can’t be taken by Instagram and if you have any Instagram photos that you’re particularly proud of and wouldn’t mind hanging on your wall, Art.com has launched an app called Photos to Art which basically will take photos from your Instagram account or your iOS device’s photo library and turn them into print.
Companies offering to turn your digital snaps into physical prints isn’t exactly new, but what the Photos to Art app does is that it offers users a chance to simulate how their photos would look like on a virtual wall, or thanks to its use of augmented reality, it will also allow you to super impose the faux print onto your own living room. The app itself is free although if you’d like to see your digital snaps made a reality, an unframed 16” square poster will set you back $11, while a wood mounted version will go for $45 for example.
- 2014-04-14: Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-02: Instagram Works On Bug That Hides Recent Photos
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Hits 200 Million Active Users
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-03-20: WhatsApp And Instagram On The Nokia X
- 2014-03-18: Instagram For Windows Phone Updated With Lock Screen Support
- 2014-03-12: Instagram Photographer Made $15,000 In A Day Selling His Prints
- 2013-12-11: Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- 2013-11-22: Instagram Rumored To Be Adding Private Messaging Feature
- 2013-11-19: Instagram For Windows Phone Release Might Happen Soon