They say that one’s eyes are the window to a soul, but with the Minecon demo, your eyes play another role, although not as important as letting you see, but it enables you to take control of the world of Minecraft using your sight alone, thanks to 4tiitoo and Tobii. Tobii Technology, the current global leader in eye tracking and gaze interaction, has teamed up with 4tiitoo, a pioneer in developing natural user experience-focused software solutions, to deliver this demo version of Minecraft that relies on your eyes’ gaze alone to play the game. This demo will be on display at the Intel booth at Minecon, the official Minecraft event, this coming November 24th to 25th at the Disneyland Resort, Paris, so if you are in the vicinity during those dates, you might want to mosey down there and take a literally closer look.
Tore Meyer, CEO of 4tiitoo, said, “Through the implementation of natural user interaction, particularly gaze, we are able to push the physical game controls to the background, allowing players to experience an immersive, fun and unparalleled gaming environment. We are excited about the opportunity to show gamers the new possibilities of our NUIA SDK, and we are looking forward to applying our technology to numerous applications in the near future.”
The image above is for illustration purposes only.
Next Story: Hulu Plus Launches On Nintendo Wii U
- 2014-04-07: The Simpsons Couch Gag Gets A Minecraft Theme
- 2014-04-04: Minecraft For Xbox 360 Crosses The 12 Million Copies Sold Mark
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-28: Minecraft Creator States Minecraft For Oculus Rift Would Have Been Free
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow