The Acer Iconia Tab A110 was released not too long ago, but could we be expecting an Acer Iconia Tab A220 from the company in the future? Well thanks to a sighting on GLBenchmark, it looks like Acer might have the A220 in the works although a release date has yet to be determined. According to the specs, it seems that we can expect to find a 1.3GHz Tegra-3 quad-core processor in the A220, making this slightly faster than the A110 at 1.2GHz. It also appears to sport a 1280×752 display resolution, making this resolution higher than the A110, and assuming this is packaged into a 7” display, it looks like it could be possible competition for the Nexus 7 tablet by Google, once again assuming they manage to price just as competitively, of course. However since benchmarks can be tampered with and since there has not been any official word or an indication that the A220 is in the works (save for the benchmark sighting), we’ll be taking this with a grain of salt for now and suggest you do the same.
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing