Sony has recently announced that they are more than proud and happy to introduce a spanking new PlayStation Store specially for the PS3 console. The entire PlayStation Store’s interface is said to have been overhauled, boasting of a more streamlined look, and it will no doubt need to live up to expectations, hence sporting snappier response times in addition to a layout that is more hierarchical, resulting in fewer top-level categories than before. With the new revamp, you are able to enjoy extra features such as streaming trailers, improved search, and a new filter among others. Initial tests for the search were reported to be high on the satisfactory level, which is always a good thing.
The new PS Store update is thankfully mandatory, and good thing the entire shebang weighs in at a mere 26MB which should not take too long to download for most of us with modern day Internet connections. The next time you launch the PlayStation Store on your PS3, you will be prompted to install the update. As for folks using the PS Vita and PSP, the PlayStation Store on both platforms will remain the same.
Next Story: Raspberry Pi works as an Audiobook
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2013-05-21: Sony Begins Testing Improved Video Streaming Service For PlayStation Store
- 2011-07-19: SNK Playmore USA releases 8 pre-NEOGEO era Arcade classics on the PlayStation Store
- 2011-06-02: The PlayStation Store is back online and ready to rock
- 2011-05-19: PlayStation Store returning on May 24