The name “Blackberry App World” does not really have a ring to it and personally I thought it could have been named better. It looks like the folks at RIM have thought the same as well and in a tweet by the Canadian company, they have announced that the Blackberry App World will be no more – instead they are renaming it to Blackberry World, which in all honesty has a better ring to it and just rolls off the tongue a lot better! Interesting in their tweet, they also indicated that in the Blackberry World, they will now be offering music and videos. The official website still reads Blackberry App World so we’re not sure when exactly this new branding will take effect. In any case it certainly seems like RIM is gearing up to launch its Blackberry 10 OS come 30th January 2013, and this is probably one of steps the company is taking in an effort to relaunch its brand.
- 2013-01-28: RIM Reduces Pricing Tier For Apps On BlackBerry World
- 2012-11-29: RIM to rebrand "Blackberry App World" to just "Blackberry World"
- 2011-11-30: BlackBerry App World gets new content ratings
- 2011-09-06: BlackBerry App World 3.0 officially released
- 2011-07-29: Comwave ePhone lets you make calls from your Blackberry Playbook
- 2011-07-28: RIM releases BlackBerry Messenger 6 with BBM connected apps