It has been quite some time, but I guess all of your patience has paid off if you are a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi owner – it seems that Samsung has started to release the first Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware updates for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi, otherwise known as the P7310 if model numbers are your cup of tea. This has been a long time in coming, considering how the Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi has long been the first generation of Galaxy Tab tablets, and to be in agony while the rest of the world has already moved on to Jelly Bean is more than some can bear.
Folks who own the above mentioned Galaxy Tab 8.9 model will be able to update your Galaxy Tab via Samsung KIES or OTA – assuming the device is from Malaysia, as the source claims. It is said that with Ice Cream Sandwich running on your tablet, it feels like a totally new device, running a whole lot faster while delivering superior battery life.
Next Story: HTC Deluxe Gets Pictured Again
- 2014-04-24 Flexible Displays Rumored For Galaxy S6 And Galaxy Note 5
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-02 Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-15 Samsung SM-T805 Could Be New Galaxy Tab Pro Device
- 2012-08-28 Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wi-Fi gets Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade in the US
- 2012-06-19 Galaxy Tab range to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich updates soon