Internet marketing research company comScore has just released a report today saying that Samsung is currently the top handset manufacturer with a 26 percent market share. Fellow Korean electronics conglomerate LG is at the second spot with 17.7 percent while Apple is closing in at 17.5 percent. Motorola and HTC bagged the 4rth and 5th spot with 10.9 percent and 6.2 percent, respectively.
comScore surveyed more than 30,000 mobile subscribers in the U.S. within a three-month period that ended last month and saw the smartphone penetration growing past the 50 percent threshold. When it comes to platform market share, Google Android grabbed the top spot with 52.5 percent market share while Apple’s platform only managed to own 34.3 percent. RIM ranked third with 8.4 percent share, followed by Microsoft (3.6 percent) and Symbian (0.6 percent).
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S3 mini firmware released
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]