Skype for the iPhone as well as iPad has been a hugely popular app, and the VoIP software has achieved the 120 million download mark over the years on both devices. This is quite an achievement, and it is interesting to note that version 4.2.1 of Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad has just been released. Statistically speaking, 33% of iPhone and iPad owners use Skype on their respective devices each month, at least in a report according to Distimo. Not only that, Skype remains as one of the top 10 free iPhone apps of all time.
Just what does Skype 4.2.1 (I know, we covered Skype 4.2 just yesterday) bring to the table, or in particular, the iPhone and iPad this time around? Well, the latest version will let you create a new Skype account from the app itself, and as we talked about earlier, you can also sign in to Skype via your Microsoft account.
You are also able to edit the instant messages which you have sent, where all it takes to fix typos or reword what you have “said” would require a simple tap and hold on an instant message.
- 2014-04-14: Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02: Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2014-04-01: Skype Could Feature New Chat UI For Windows Desktop