Word on the street is that Sony has a new phone in the works going by the codename, “Odin”. This is supposedly Sony’s answer to the phablets released by Samsung, LG and recently HTC, although it will be slightly smaller at an alleged 5” display. The other we managed to catch a glimpse of the device in what looked like a leaked photo, and now it looks like a rendering of the device has been spotted in China. Assuming that this isn’t a hoax similar to that of the Nexus X, the rendering of the Odin does appear to be similar to the one we saw in the photo not too long ago, so at the very least there is some level of consistency.
Unfortunately apart from the leaked rendering, not much else is known, but as a quick recap for those who might have forgotten, rumor has it that the Odin will sport a 5” display with a rather stunning resolution of 1080×1920, making this a Full HD device. It is expected to pack a 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset under its hood with 2GB of RAM. There is a good chance it will launch with either Android 4.1 or 4.2 Jelly Bean, but until we get the official information, we won’t speculate too much. Perhaps we’ll see it launch at CES or MWC 2013 next year, so stay tuned for more updates! Until then what do you guys think?
Update – As it turns out this was merely a concept design by Jsus at Concept-Phones, but it does look pretty good nonetheless!
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-03-26 Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-23 Alleged Sony A3500 Photos And Specs Leaked
- 2014-01-27 Alleged Photos Taken By Sony Xperia Z2 "Sirius" Leaked Online
- 2013-11-14 New Sony Xperia Z1s Photo Leaked
- 2013-10-25 Sony Xperia Z1S Spotted In The Wild [Update]