Starbucks, the popular Italian-style coffeehouse chain, has announced today that it will begin accepting mobile payments through Square’s Square Wallet in around 7,000 Starbucks stores. The “aromatic” announcement follows after Starbucks and Square decided to team up in August this year to create a payment solution. And after breaking the news in October that coffee addicts will be able to pay their coveted cup using Square Wallet, it’s finally launching the payment solution beginning today. Square Wallet will now allow customers to pay at Starbucks using their phone.
To to that, customers will have to download the Square Wallet app on their Android and iOS device to setup an account and debit or credit card for payments. Once done, users will only need to tap the “pay here” button and scan their QR code. “Square Wallet gives people an easy way to pay at Starbucks and neighborhood businesses,” said William Henderson, Square Wallet director. “ We’re excited to work with Starbucks to introduce a broad new group of people to the benefits of using Square.” If you’re on Android, you can the app here. iOS users, on the other hand, can download the application here.
- 2014-03-12 Starbucks Works On Coffee Pre-Orders Via App
- 2014-03-11 Starbucks Allows You To Tip Baristas Now
- 2014-01-16 Starbucks iOS App To Get New Security Features
- 2014-01-15 Starbucks Mobile Payment App Stores Credentials As Plain Text Files
- 2013-10-28 Starbucks Allows Twitter Users To Buy Coffee For One Another